In this post, you’ll learn what are the application of pneumatic systems and an example of compressed air.
Pneumatics can be defined as a branch of fluid power in which gas is used as a fluid. It is derived from Greek word Pneuma, which means air, wind or breath. In this article, we’ll discuss the application of Pneumatics systems.
Pneumatic systems use air as the gas medium because air is sufficient and can be easily exhausted into the atmosphere after completing its assigned task. In addition, the pneumatic system is less costly to build and operate.
In the pneumatic system simply the air is used to transmit energy. The air has greater supply everywhere. When air is compressed it can be used to perform work.
Pneumatic and hydraulic systems have been used for many years. Within industrial processes and as such has gained a place in the modern industry. Pneumatics is the most widely applied fluid power technology. In the pneumatic system compressed air acts as both a working and control medium.
The use of pneumatic or compressed air has many benefits of transmitting energy and control functions in the system.
Read also: Difference Between Hydraulic and Pneumatic
Applications of Pneumatic Systems
Following are the applications of pneumatic system:
In industries like
- Manufacturing industries, Automotive industry, machine tool manufacturers and domestic and commercial appliance manufacturers.
- Processing industries, such as chemical, petrochemical, food processing, textiles, paper, etc.
- Used in the brake system of automobiles, railway coaches, wagons and printing presses.
- Application of Pneumatics systems is widely in industrial robots.
Industrial Works like
- Used in the filling,
- Assembly systems
- Riveting etc.
More application on
- Car washes
- Used to drive both linear and rotary actuators.
- Opening and closing the doors.
- Test systems
- Plastics machinery
- Petroleum markets
- Coolant systems
Application on equipment on
- Used in material handling equipment,
- Medical equipment and logic controlling operations.
- In power hammers and nut runners.
- Used in operations of machine tools.
- Used in metal forming processes.
Examples of Compressed Air
- It is fast for example short cycle times can be achieved. In automated assembly applications at the same time, it is loaded safely. If the machine jams pneumatic motors or circuit components will not burn out.
- Another advantage is that compressed air is clean. This is very important in the textile and food industries where clean conditions are necessary.
- Our primary importance of pneumatics is also safe because compressed air does not burn under a wide range of operating temperatures. In addition, the exhaust air can be sent directly into the atmosphere.
- Pneumatic systems are heavily utilized in cleanroom applications. For the reasons of cleanliness low combustion and fast operating speeds.
- Compressed air can also be stored and ready to be used when required.
- Another advantage is that compressed air does not break down when exposed to high temperatures thereby allowing for safe regular operation under a wide range of temperatures.
- And finally, the individual pneumatic parts are cheap when compared to other forms of energy transmission and control.
- Pneumatic control and actuation is ideal energy for automation of industrial processes.
Download Pdf of this article
So now, we hope that we have clear all your doubts about the Pneumatic System. If you have still any doubts about the “Applicationd of Pneumatic System” you can contact us or ask in the comments.
We have also a Facebook community for you guys. If you want, you can join our community, here is the link to our Facebook group.
That’s it thanks for reading. If you like our article then please share it with your friends. If you have any questions about any topic you can ask in the comment section.
Subscribe to our newsletter to get notified when we upload new posts.
Read More about Hydraulics and Pneumatics: